RHCE certification is one of the most respected IT certification programs worldwide. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is earned by a RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who has demonstrated the knowledge, skill and ability required of senior system administrator for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
RHCE course include Redhat Certified System Administrator – I (RH124), II (RH135) & III (RH254) Modules. RHCE Certified Candidate can install linux, perform System, Network & Security related tasks.
Training Fees for RHCE (3 modules): 9,500/-INR
RHCE consists of 3 training module — namely, where RH124 and RH134 is a part of RHCSA and after doing it, if you go for RH254, then it gives RHCE :
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
Professionals holding this certification have continually helped their companies with successful deployments and migrations.
An RHCE is able to perform the following tasks (in addition to tasks associated with RHCSA):
- Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation.
- Setting kernel runtime parameters.
- Configuring an Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) initiator.
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization.
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks.
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging.
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP),
Network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB),
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP).
Hiring IT professionals who are certified as RHCEs allows many organizations to increase their ratio of servers to administrators, enabling them to be more cost effective in building out their infrastructures without needing to bring on additional resources.